The CompTIA test N10-003 is intended to certify networking technicians with eighteen to twenty-four months of experience. Attaining Network+ certification indicates that you know how to configure and install a TCP/IP client on the network. The CompTIA test N10-003 covers a range of networking technologies. Before taking the N10-003 test, you should practice the following:
- Identify networking media and connectors.
- Identify and work on different networking components.
- Create a network of two computers.
- Know various ports.
- Install a TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Practice on various TCP/IP utilities for troubleshooting the network.
- Create a dial-up connection for connecting to the Internet.
- Install and configure network client protocols such as NetBEUI and IPX/SPX.