The Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer for the Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition, Version 1.0 certification exam is meant for software developers who are developing mobile applications by using the Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition (J2ME) technology.
The devices include cellular phones, PDAs, set top boxes, etc. Before taking the test, an individual must practice in the following areas:
- Understand JTWI specifications.
- Understand J2ME configuration and profiles.
- Understand various wireless messaging APIs.
- Understand different types of messages.
- Understand the limitations of the Java Virtual Machine for CLDC.
- Understand the limitations of mobile devices in terms of memory, processing speed, screen size, etc.
- Develop MIDlets using different user interfaces.
- Understand security issues related to MIDlet.
- Understand the difference between CLDC 1.0 and CLDC 1.1.
- Define the life cycle of a MIDlet.
- Develop code for MIDP 2.0 networking.
- Develop code that correctly implements adding, retrieving, modifying, and deleting individual records in a RecordStore.
- Understand Push Registry, and activate a MIDlet by using the PushRegistry class methods.