For over a year now, many of us have been seeking indicators of signs the economy is improving. Those in the IT industry have been no exception. However, people wondered if it really mattered if they had a certification? The 2009 Annual Survey conducted by certmag.com provided very interesting facts from over 40,000 respondents in over 150 countries across the world.
Highlights from the survey:
1. Many respondents reported receiving a salary raise after earning their most recent certification. About 30% reported a 10-20% raise, although the majority put their raise in the 5% or less category, which is not bad for a sector where many took pay cuts or had zero pay raises in 2009.
2. Over 67% earned at least one certification in 2009, confirming that certifications are definitely valued by employers and employees alike.
3. More than 30% added more than two certifications to their belt this year. This was a substantial increase from 11.4% in 2008.
4. 96% of respondents from the top 5 countries with the highest salaries said they were certified.
5. Certification trends for network and security administration continues to be a growing trend within the IT industry.
Accelerate your career today by getting certified. uCertify’s test preparation software can help you achieve that goal faster. Try one of our products today. With a high pass rate, unbeatable 100% money back guarantee, unlimited support, and free product upgrades for a year, you will find our products a great value.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 1 business day..
Use coupon code “SAVE20″ and save 20% on any uCertify Prepkit. Good through Mar 31st, 2010.
Your uCertify Team