Q. What is the UM0-200 exam?
A. UM0-200 is the intermediate exam of OMG-OCUP certification.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the UM0-200 exam?
A. There is only one prerequisite for this test, it is recommended that planning to take UM0-200 a candidate should have passed the OMG-OCUP-100.
Q. What are the benefits to becoming an UM0-200?
A. OMG’s OCUP Program is an objective measure of your knowledge of UML 2.X and tells the rest of the IT community that you have serious credentials. The OCUP Certification will benefit you by giving you an important credential to present to employers and clients. It also benefits companies looking for skilled UML practitioners like you, by giving them a basis for making hiring and promotion decisions. The professionals have the knowledge and skills to acquire this certification. The OCUP Program was developed and is run as a joint program of OMG and the UML Technology Institute (UTI).
Q. What certificate does it provide?
A. This exam provides the OMG-OCUP-200 certificate.
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. This exam consists of multiple-choice questions. There are no case study type questions and the test is not adaptive. You will be required to attempt 70 questions.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. Candidates are required to attempt all the questions in approximately 90 minutes.
Q. Which type of the test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
A. The exam UM0-200 is in linear format.
Q. What is the passing score?
A. You need a score of 31 to pass the exam.
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. If you fail an Exam, you can retake it after a minimum of 21 days, but you cannot take a particular Exam more than three times in a twelve-month period. The diagnostic feedback that you will receive with the test score report will indicate the areas that need further study. There is no discount price for re-taking an Exam. The fee is the same as for the initial Exam.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. UML Modeler holding the OCUP Intermediate Level Certification could be an acknowledged senior member or supervisor of an analysis and design team or a Design architect.
Q. Is the
A. This UML certification prepares you for various job roles, which include: UML Design architect, Supervisor of design teams, Project Leaders, Sytems enginer, information systems administrator, database administrators, analysts, enterprise applications developer, software architect, consultant and senior systems analyst. If you would like to know more about the OMG-OCUP-200 test please visit the
Q. What to expect in the
A. The OCUP Program was developed and is run as a joint program of OMG and the UML Technology Institute (UTI). OMG will spread and promote the OCUP Program, while UTI will collaborate on its promotion and administration in the Asia-Pacific region. Microsoft has specified more than twenty objectives for the OMG-OCUP-200 test, which are grouped under five topics. Following are the important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the OMG-OCUP-200 test:
- Understanding the concepts of Composite Structure Diagrams.
- Understanding the concepts and representing the basic components of Component Diagrams.
- Demonstrating the concepts of the UML Action Models.
- Demonstrating the components of Interaction diagram.
- Understanding and representing behavior state machines.
- Understanding the basic concepts of modeling Deployment diagrams.
- Understanding and representing profiles.
Q. What are the skills being measured for the
A. An individual must have the following skills in the following area to pass the exam successfully:
- Creating composite structure diagram.
- Creating activity diagram.
- Creating component diagram.
- Creating interaction diagram.
- Creating state machine diagram.
- Understanding profiles
Q. How to prepare for the
A. The OCUP examinations test knowledge of OMG’s UML 2 specification. Before taking the OMG-OCUP-200 test, you should practice the following:
- Understanding the concepts of actions, ports, and structured classes.
- Confirm the ability to understand and represent basic components of Component Diagrams.
- Demonstrate intermediate knowledge and comprehension of the UML Action Models.
- Confirm the intermediate ability to understand and represent activity diagrams.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and comprehension of using interaction fragments of Interaction diagram.
- Confirm the intermediate ability to understand and represent behavior state machines.
- Verify basic understanding of modeling artifacts and nodes.
- Confirm the ability to understand and represent profiles.
Q. Where to take the test?
A. Pearson VUE provides testing sites and services for all three of the OMG Certification Programs.
Q. How do I register for an UM0-200 exam?
A. A candidate can register the exam on Pearson VUE testing centers.