Q. What is the LX0-101 exam?
A. The CompTIA Linux+ Certification, powered by LPI is a certification in the field of Linux. This Linux+ certification requires two exams to pass – LX0-101 and LX0-102. The Linux+ certification program is designed to certify the competency of system administration using the Linux operating system and its associated tools. It is designed to be distribution neutral, following the Linux Standard Base and other relevant standards and conventions. The Linux+ LX0-101 certification exam is the first of the two exams offered by CompTIA. The Linux+ LX0-101 test measures your ability to install and configure various hardware devices in the Linux operating system. It also tests your knowledge on the filesystems of the Linux operating system.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the LX0-101 exam?
Q. What are the benefits of becoming Linux+ Powered by LPI certified?
A. Passing the CompTIA Linux+ exam enables you to work at the Linux command line, perform maintenance tasks, assist users, and install and configure workstations.
According to CompTIA notation, earning CompTIA Linux+ is a stepping stone to vendor-specific training, such as Oracle Certified Associate and Novell SUSE Linux programs.
A new benefit for CompTIA Linux+ candidates is that they may choose, at the time they take the exams, to have their exam record forwarded to the Linux Professional Institute. Certification in CompTIA Linux+, Powered by LPI, enables candidates to become certified in LPIC-1 as well, enabling further participation in the LPI program if the candidate chooses.
Q. What credit does the LX0-101 exam provide?
A. CompTIA Linux+, Powered by LPI
Q. What certificate does it provide?
A. Passing both exams LX0-101 and LX0-102 provides CompTIA Linux+, Powered by LPI certificate.
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. 90 minutes
Q. Which type of test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
Q. What is the passing score?
A. 500 on a scale of 200-800
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. There is no wait time fixed between the first and second attempts. However, a third or any subsequent attempt needs to be at least 30 calendar days apart from the previous test.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. CompTIA Linux+, Powered by LPI, is a high-stakes, vendor-neutral certification that validates the fundamental knowledge and skills required of junior Linux administrators.
Q. Is the LX0-101 exam right for me?
A. If you wish to become a junior Linux administrator and demonstrate your fundamental knowledge and skill on basic Linux know-how, this exam is right for you.
Q. What can I expect in the LX0-101 exam?
A. The LX0-101 exam is based on multiple-choice questions that contain four or more answer options. Multiple-choice questions are of three types: Multiple choice, Multiple response, and Sample directions. In addition, the exam also contains fill in the blank type of questions presented in multiple-choice format.
Q. What are the code languages available for the LX0-101 exam?
A. The CompTIA Linux+ exam is currently available in English and is scheduled to be available soon in German, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese and Spanish.
Q. How can I prepare for the LX0-101 exam?
A. Following are some important areas in which you should possess good knowledge before taking the 117-101 test:
- Understanding system architecture
- Determining and configuring hardware settings
- Understanding booting process and changing the runlevel of the system
- Installing Linux and managing packages
- Designing the hard disk layout
- Managing shared libraries
- Using Debian, RPM, and YUM installation
- Executing GNU and Unix commands
- Working on command-lines
- Performing basic file management
- Creating, monitoring, and killing processes
- Searching text files using regular expressions
- Performing basic file editing operations using vi
- Understanding devices, Linux file systems, and the file system hierarchy standard
- Creating partitions and filesystems and maintaining the integrity of filesystems
- Controlling mounting and unmounting of filesystems
- Managing disk quotas, file permissions, and ownership
- Creating and changing hard and symbolic links
- Finding system files and placing them in the correct location
Q. Where can I take the test?
A. Prometric and VUE