Q. What is the CT0-101 exam?
A. The CompTIA Convergence+ certification is an international, vendor-neutral certification that measures a technician’s ability to design, implement, and manage both data and voice networking. The exam is based on multiple choice questions.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the CT0-101 exam?
A. Although there is no prerequisite for the CompTIA Convergence+ certification , it is recommended that candidates be CompTIA Network+ certified and have 18 to 24 months of work experience in areas that include data networking, VoIP, and other convergence-related technologies.
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. There are 90 multiple choice questions in the actual exam.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. A candidate has to answer 90 questions in 90 minutes.
Q. Which type of the test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
Q. What is the passing score?
A. 720 on a scale of 100-900
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. In the event that a candidate fails his first (1st) attempt to pass any CompTIA certification examination, CompTIA does not require any waiting period between the first (1st) and second (2nd) attempts to pass such examination. However, before his third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt to pass such examination, he shall be required to wait for a period of at least fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of his last attempt to pass such examination.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. Several companies that provide solutions such as VoIP and data networking value and support CompTIA Convergence+ certification. Therefore, if you get certified, you can get jobs in those companies in VoIP and the data networking field.
Q. What can I expect in the CT0-101 exam?
A. The CompTIA convergence+ exam has 90 multiple choice questions. A candidate has to answer all 90 questions in 90 minutes.
Q. What are the code languages available for the CT0-101 exam?
A. English, German, and Japanese are the code languages for CompTIA convergence+ exam.
Q. What skills are measured in the CT0-101 exam?
A. The skills measured in the CT0-101 exam are as follows:
- Demonstrating application of traffic engineering concepts.
- Prioritizing voice traffic
- Describing fundamentals of voice systems
- Describing the components of number and dialing plans
- Identifying the various endpoints used in a converged environment
- Analyzing network performance
- Describing networking technologies used in a converged network
- Identifying methods of encoding, decoding, and compression
- Identifying different types of messaging applications
- Identifying components of mobility
- Identifying the layers of the OSI model and knowing its relevance to converged networks
- Identifying methods used for rich media transmission
- Recognizing network models and how they affect the converged network
- Identifying the functions of hardware components as used on a converged network
- Identifying and executing problem-solving and analysis process
- Describing and using tools and commands to monitor network performance in a converged environment
- Identifying and describing proper administration tasks and procedures
Q. How can I prepare for the CT0-101 exam?
A. To prepare for the CT0-101 exam, you should go through the exam objectives for the CompTIA convergence+ exam and prepare for the exam according to the exam objectives. Any study material that covers all objectives of the exam will help you to prepare for the exam. The uCertify Convergence+ certification preparation kit (PrepKit) comes with realistic practice tests containing challenging questions with detailed explanations to help you understand the key concepts. Apart from practice questions, uCertify’s Convergence+ PrepKit also contains short tutorials, study notes, articles, exam tips and how to’s so that you can identify question patterns, key concepts and little known tips. Comprehensive reporting tools identify your strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvements. In other words, we provide you everything you need to become Convergence+ certified.