Q. What is the 70-518-C# exam?
A. This exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge and skills on making the appropriate job role decisions around Windows-based applications on the desktop using Windows Forms and WPF. Questions that contain codes will be presented in either VB or C#. Candidates can select one of these languages when they start the exam.
Prior to preparing for the 70-518-C# exam, you will, in all probability be required to define your objectives and make out if you will actually need the Microsoft 70-518-C# certification exam. The most excellent approach to do this is to coordinate your objectives with that of exam, and if both are in a similar way, you require being clear in your mind that Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 possibly will be the best exam available for you.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the 70-518-C# exam?
A. You must have the following certifications before taking the 70-518-C# exam:
- MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications
- MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications
- MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Data Access
Q. What are the benefits to becoming a MCPD: 70-518-C#?
A. The benefits of becoming a MCPD: 70-518-C# are as follows:
- Microsoft products are most widely used today and the MCPD: .NET 4.0 certification proves expertise on the Microsoft products and technologies.
- Professionals holding the MCPD: .NET 4.0 certification enhances employment opportunities for the programmers.
- MCPD: .NET 4.0 certification is helpful for professionals who have entry-level certifications in related technologies to upgrade their credentials and get recognition from the industry.
- MCPD: .NET 4.0 Certified professionals get special offers and discounts on Microsoft products and other selected products from Microsoft.
Q. What certificate and credit does the 70-518-C# exam provide?
A. The Exam 70-518-C#: Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0: counts as credit towards the following certification(s):
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. You will be required to attempt approximately 50 to 55 questions.
Q. What is the exam fee?
A. The exam fee is US $125.
- Note: The net price for taking the test 70-518-CSHARP is US $125. The net price does not include applicable taxes, vouchers, promotions or membership discounts you may have. The exam is subsidized in India and China. The net price for taking the test 70-518-CSHARP in India and China is US $50.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. Users are required to attempt all questions in 120 minutes.
Q. Which type of the test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
A. This test consists of Multiple Choice, Hot Area, Drag and Drop, Build list and reorder, and Build a Tree questions. The test can be adaptive and simulation questions might be asked. There are no Case study type questions.
Q. What is the passing score?
A. The passing score of the exam is 700 out of 1000 score marks.
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. If you do not pass the test 70-518-CSHARP in the first time, you may retake it any time. If you do not achieve a passing score the second time, you must wait at least 14 days to retake the test for the third time. A 14-day waiting period will be imposed for all subsequent exam retakes. If you have passed an exam, you cannot take it again.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. Studies have shown that certified individuals realize many benefits. Among them are the following:
- Increased opportunities on the job: These opportunities range from increased salary and bonus to project involvement and promotion.
- Increased breadth of knowledge: Certification is a catalyst for learning new technologies in a structured and comprehensive way.
- Increased value to the organization: Organizations with 25 percent or more of their staff certified have shown to deploy projects on time and within budget more often, rely less on external support, have less downtime, and have higher user satisfaction with their IT staff.
Q. Is the 70-518-C# exam right for you?
A. The test is appropriate for you if you are making the appropriate job role decisions around Windows-based applications on the desktop using Windows Forms and WPF.
Candidates for this exam work in a team in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2010 and the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 to develop desktop applications. Candidates should have a minimum of three years experience developing applications, including one to two years experience developing Windows-based applications. Candidates should have a thorough understanding of Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Forms technologies in the .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.
Additionally, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following by using the .NET Framework 4:
- Experience in designing Windows client applications that access data and services
- Experience in designing data access layers and service layers for a Windows client application
- Experience in planning and designing user interaction solutions
- Experience with the full development life cycle of Windows client applications
- Experience in developing and deploying to multi-tier environments
Q. What are the code languages available for the 70-518 exam?
A. There are two code languages available for the 70-518 exam:
- Microsoft Visual CSHARP
- Microsoft Visual Basic
Q. What are the skills being measured for the 70-518-C# exam?
A. Microsoft has specified twenty five objectives for the 70-518-CSHARP exam, which are grouped under five topics. Following are some important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the 70-518-CSHARP exam.
Q. How to prepare for the 70-518-C# exam?
A. We designed the 70-518-CSHARP preparation kit to help you get certified effortlessly. Now you do not need to spend your time and money searching for study materials, books, etc.; this PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications exam preparation kit contains everything you need to get certified. Just follow the instructions, focus on the study material and getting certified will be easy.
Don’t take our word for it; decide the quality of our PrepKit yourself. Download the trial version of the PrepKit now to get over 15 questions and related study notes, absolutely free. Once you are convinced, you can buy this PrepKit to get all questions and study notes. And of course, we trust our PrepKits so much that all our PrepKits are backed with full money back guarantee in case you do not pass the PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications exam.
Q. Where to take the test?
A. You can register with a Prometric testing center. You can also register for the exam online at your local exam center or a regional contact center. (Prometric testing Centre).
Q. How can I register for the 70-518-C# exam?
A. You can register for the exam through a Prometric Test Center Locator at Prometric. You will have to go through a complete registration process, make payments and schedule the date and time for the exam.
Q. How to locate a testing center?
A. Please visit the following link to locate the testing center:
Q. How to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm the exam?
A. Please visit the following link to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm the exam:
Q. How to update personal information, viewing test history, etc?
A. Please visit the following link to update personal information, view test history, etc:
Q. What can I expect from Microsoft if I pass the 70-518-C# exam?
A. After passing the exam, you will achieve the MCPD: Windows Developer 4 status.
Q. How long does it take to receive my Welcome Kit?
A. The certificate can be ordered through the Microsoft Certified Professional member site by clicking on “Download certificates under Program Benefits”. It will take you about 30 days to receive your welcome kit after passing the exam and placing the order. You can also download the same certificate from the MCP Secure Site.
Even though the certificates are absolutely free, there will be shipping and handling charges which you have to pay. The Shipping and Handling charges are $9.95 USD for the first certificate, and $0.99 USD for each additional certificate up to six total certificates.
The PrepKit covers 100% objectives for Microsoft’s 70-518-C# Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 exam, in accordance with the actual exam pattern and question types.