Q. What is the 70-442 exam?
A. This certification exam is meant for professional database developers who can design and implement their database solutions. They should have three or more years dedication to database work, which includes writing Transact-SQL queries, designing and implementing programming objects, optimizing databases, designing databases at both the conceptual and logical levels, and implementing databases at the physical level.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the 70-442 exam?
A. If you are planning to take the PRO: Designing and Optimizing Data Access by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (70-442) exam, you should have a minimum of three years of experience developing databases by using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
Q. What are the benefits of becoming a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)?
A. Following are the benefits that will make you an expertise in the following areas:
- Writing Transact-SQL queries
- Programming databases
- Troubleshooting programming objects (stored procedures, triggers, user-defined functions (UDFs), user-defined types (UDTs), and queries)
- Performing database performance tuning and optimization
- Designing databases both at the conceptual and logical levels
- Implementing databases at the physical level
- Designing and troubleshooting the data access layer of the application
Q. What credit does the PRO: Designing and Optimizing Data Access by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (70-442) exam provide?
A. This will provide you the credentials to be recognized as Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification.
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. There are 55 questions in the exam.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. The duration of the exam is 120 minutes.
Q. What is the passing score?
A. The passing score is 700.
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. Yes there is a retake policy. Take a Second Shot at Certification and Advance Your Career. The Second Shot provides a free retake if you do not pass an IT professional or developer Microsoft Certification exam the first time. You must take both the first and (if necessary) the retake exam before June 30, 2010.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. To become an expertise in databases and to get a high profile, you should get certified.
Q. Is the PRO: Designing and Optimizing Data Access by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (70-442) exam right for me?
A.YES, if you want to be recognized as a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) and want your career to be built in the field of databases, you should be Microsoft certified by taking this test 70-442.
Q. What skills are measured in the PRO: Designing and Optimizing Data Access by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (70-442) exam?
A. Following are the important areas in which an individual should have good knowledge before taking the test 70-442:
- Design appropriate data access technologies.
- Design an appropriate data access object model.
- Design a cursor strategy for a data access technology.
- Design caching strategy.
- Design client libraries to write applications that administer a SQL Server.
- Design queries that use multiple active result sets(MARS).
- Design database query strategies.
- Write and modify queries.
- Design queries for retrieving data from XML sources.
- Design a cursor strategy.
- Designing error handling routines.
- Designing the transaction strategy.
- Performance tuning the database and database application.
- Optimizing Index strategies.
- Scale database application.
- Resolve performance problems.
Q. Where can I take the test?
A. You can take this exam in a PROMETRIC CENTER.
Q. How do I register for the 70-442 exam?
A. You can register for the exam through a Prometric Test Center Locator at Prometric. You will have to go through a complete registration process, make payments, and schedule the date and time for the exam.
Q. What can I expect from Microsoft if I pass the 70-442 exam?
A. Microsoft will provide you a credential certificate of Microsoft certified Technology specialist (MCTS) certificate, and if you complete your 3 core exams, Microsoft will provide you the Microsoft certified IT Professional (MCITP) certification.