Microsoft’s MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer): Security on Windows Server 2003 certification on Windows Server 2003 is a popular Microsoft certification today. The MCSE: Security on Windows Server 2003 certification has been designed for professionals who analyze the business requirements and design and implement security solutions on infrastructure for business based on the Microsoft Windows OS clients and Windows 2003 Server operating systems.
Q. What are the job roles for MCSE: Security on Windows Server 2003 certified professionals?
A. The job roles for those pursuing MCSE: Security on Windows Server 2003 certification typically include: systems engineer, network engineer, systems analyst, network analyst, or technical consultant.
Q. What are the prerequisites for becoming MCSE: Security on Windows Server 2003 certification?
A. There are no prerequisites for the MCSE 2003 certification and you can go for it, if you have at least one year of experience implementing and administering both network and client operating systems.
Q. What are the requirements for becoming MCSE: Security certified?
A. To become MCSE: Security on Windows Server 2003 certified, you have to pass eight exams. Four mandatory core exams on networking systems, one core exam on client operating system, one mandatory security design exam, and Security specialization exams. The core exams are divided into four Networking Systems exams, one Client Operating Systems exam and one Design exam.
Take the following four core Networking System exams:
- 70-290: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- 70-291: Implementing Win Server2003 Network Infrastructure
- 70-293: Planning a Win Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
- 70-294: Windows 2003 Planning Active Directory
Choose one core Client Operating Systems exam:
Choose one mandatory core Design exam:
- 70-298: Windows 2003 Design Security
Choose two Security specialization exams:
- 70-299: Windows 2003 Implementing Security
- 70-350: Implementing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004
- 70-351: TS: Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006, Configuring
- SY0-101: CompTIA Security+
Q. What are the benefits of having MCSE 2003: Security certification?
A. The following are the benefits becoming MCSE:
- Microsoft operating systems are the most widely used operating systems today and the MCSE 2003 : Security certification proves expertise on the Microsoft products and technologies.
- Professionals holding the MCSE 2003: Security certification are preferred by the employers and they also get preference in promotions.
- MCSE 2003: Security Certified professional can find appropriate job easily and get paid more.
Q. How this certification helps employers?
A. It helps employers in hiring the right candidate for their organization. Hiring job candidates with MCSE credentials assures employers that they are employing qualified professionals with proven proficiency in Microsoft technologies.