Microsoft’s MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) on Windows Server 2003 certification is popular Microsoft certifications today. The MCSA on Windows Server 2003 certification has been designed for professionals who analyze the business requirements and design and implement solutions for business based on the Microsoft Windows OS clients and Windows 2003 Server operating systems.
Q. What are the job roles for MCSA: Security on Windows Server 2003 certification?
A.The job roles for those pursuing MCSA: Security on Windows Server 2003 certification typically include: systems administrator, network administrator, information systems administrator, network operations analyst, network technician, or technical support specialist.
Q. What are the pre-requisites for becoming Security on Windows Server 2003 certification?
A. There are no prerequisites for the MCSA: Security on Windows Server 2003 certification and you can go for it, if you have 6 to 12 months of experience administering client and network operating systems. The knowledge about security in the typically complex computing environment of mid-sized to large companies will also help in getting the certification.
Q. What are the requirements for becoming MCSA 2003?
A. To become MCSA 2003 certified, you have to pass total four exams. Two mandatory core exams on networking systems, one core exam on client operating systems, and one elective exams.
Take these two core Networking System exams:
- 70-290: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- 70-291: Implementing Win Server2003 Network Infrastructure
Choose one core Client Operating Systems exam:
Choose one elective exam from the following lists:
- 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
- 70-235: TS: Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions Using Microsoft BizTalk Server
- 70-236: TS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
- 70-262: TS: Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 – Implementing, Managing, and Troubleshooting
- 70-299: Implementing and Administering Security in a Windows Server 2003 Network
- 70-620: TS: Windows Vista, Configuring
- 70-624: TS: Deploying and Maintaining Windows Vista Client and 2007 Microsoft Office System Desktops
- 70-630: TS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Configuring
- 70-631: TS: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Configuring
- 70-638: TS: Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007, Configuring
Note: There are many other exams in elective exam lists. For full details, check Microsoft’s Web site.
Q. What are the benefits of having MCSA 2003 certification?
A. The following are the benefits becoming MCSA 2003:
- Microsoft operating systems are the most widely used operating systems today and the MCSA on Windows Server 2003 certification proves expertise on the security implementation with Microsoft products and technologies.
- Professionals holding the MCSA on Windows Server 2003 certification are preferred by the employers and they also get preference in promotions.
- MCSA on Windows Server 2003 Certified professional can find appropriate job easily and get paid more.
How this certification helps employers?
It helps employers in hiring the right candidate for their organization. Hiring job candidates with MCSA on Windows Server 2003 certification credentials assures employers that they are employing qualified professionals with proven proficiency in Microsoft technologies.
- Download Free Practice test and Study Notes for Microsoft 70-290 Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Env exam
- Download Free Practice test and Study Notes for Microsoft 70-291 Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure exam
- Download Free Practice test and Study Notes for Microsoft 70-270 Windows XP Professional exam
- Download Free Practice test and Study Notes for Microsoft 70-284 Exchange Server 2003 Installation exam