Q. What is the LPI 117-101 exam?
A. The Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC) is a certification in the field of Linux. Each LPIC level requires successful completion of two exams for certification. The LPI certification program is designed to certify the competency of system administration using the Linux operating system and its associated tools. It is designed to be distribution neutral, following the Linux Standard Base and other relevant standards and conventions. The LPI 117-101 certification is the first of two junior-level system administrator certification exams offered by the Linux Professional Institute (LPI). The LPI 117-101 test measures your ability to install and configure various hardware devices in the Linux operating system. It also tests your knowledge on the filesystems of the Linux operating system.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the LPI 117-101 exam?
A. No prerequisites
- Junior Level Linux Professional (LPIC-1)
- Advance Level Linux Professional (LPIC-2)
- Senior Level Linux Professional (LPIC-3)
- Ubantu Certified Professional (UCP)
Q. What certificate does it provide?
A. It does not provide any certificate itself however it supports various certification exams such as Ubantu Certified Professional (UCP), Junior Level Linux Professional (LPIC-1), Advance Level Linux Professional (LPIC-2), and Senior Level Linux Professional (LPIC-3).
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. In the LPI 101 exam, 55 questions are asked.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. 90 mins
Q. Which type of the test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
Q. What is the passing score?
A. 500 in the scale of 800 marks.
Q. What is the exam retake policy?
A. If you fail in the LPI 101 exam, you will have to purchase a new exam voucher to retake the exam. There is no wait time fixed between the two attempts.
Q. What to expect in the LPI 117-101 exam?
A. LPI exams are based on multiple-choice questions that contain four or more answer options. Multiple-choice questions are of three types: Multiple choice, Multiple response, and Sample directions. In addition, the exam also contains fill in the blank type of questions presented in multiple-choice format.
Q. What are the skills being measured for the LPI 117-101 exam?
A. The LPI 117-101 test measures your ability to install and configure various hardware devices in the Linux operating system. It also tests your knowledge on the filesystems of the Linux operating system. Following are some important areas in which you should possess good knowledge before taking the 117-101 test:
- Understanding system architecture
- Determining and configuring hardware settings
- Understanding booting process and changing the runlevel of the system
- Installing Linux and managing packages
- Designing the hard disk layout
- Managing shared libraries
- Using Debian, RPM, and YUM installation
- Executing GNU and Unix commands
- Working on command-lines
- Performing basic file management
- Creating, monitoring, and killing processes
- Searching text files using regular expressions
- Performing basic file editing operations using vi
- Understanding devices, Linux file systems, and the file system hierarchy standard
- Creating partitions and filesystems and maintaining the integrity of filesystems
- Controlling mounting and unmounting of filesystems
- Managing disk quotas, file permissions, and ownership
- Creating and changing hard and symbolic links
- Finding system files and placing them in the correct location
Q. Where to take the LPI 117-101 test?
A. LPI certification exams may be taken at Pearson VUE or prometric testing centers. There are more than five thousand authorized testing centers in many countries. You can register your exam in any center by phone, on the Web, or in-person.
Q. How do I register for an LPI 117-101 exam?
A. After you purchase your exam voucher, you can contact an authorized prometric or Pearson VUE center to schedule your exam date, time, and location. You can book the exam within one year from the date of purchase of the voucher. The exam date may depend on your choice (and availability of slot) in your selected test center.
Q. How long does it take to receive my Welcome Kit?
A. Your score is automatically reported to LPI. On successful completion of the exam, you will receive your Welcome Kit within two to four weeks from the date you pass the exam.
Pass LPI 117-101 exam in the first attempt. Full featured Tests. 417 questions with answers and 159 study notes articles and exam tips. Some other LPI certifications are as follows: