Q. What are the benefits of Linux Essential certification?
A. Here are some key benefits:
- Establishes your competence for well-defined Linux-related functions
- Helps you show your value to a potential contractor or employer
- Certification helps you set out and follow a career path
- LPI certification is developed from within the Linux community, by your peers, and gives you the opportunity to help develop the certification standards and exams.
Q. How many tests does it take to acquire certification?
A. Linux Essentials – one exam
- LPIC-1 – two exams, 101 and 102
- LPIC-2 – two exams, 201 and 202
- LPIC-3 – one specialty exam, 300 or 303 or 304
Q. Does it matter which version of the exams I write?
A. No. you may write any version of the exams and they will count toward your certification equally. When a new version of an exam with updated objectives is released, the previous version remains available to candidates for 6 months. This allows candidates to write the version of the exam that they have studied for. So for example, if you passed the 117-201 exam in the past, passing the 202-400 exam now would still result in achieving LPIC-2 certification.
A. The Linux Essentials exam is available for $110 USD. All LPIC exams are available for $188 USD each. Prices may vary slightly by region and currency exchange rates.
Q. Where can I take the exams?
A. Exams are conducted worldwide through Pearson VUE testing centers. Visit Pearson VUE to find the testing center nearest you.
Q. How long are the exams?
A. The Linux Essentials exam is 40 questions and must be completed in 60 minutes. All LPIC exams are 60 questions each and must be completed in 90 minutes. All exams consist of multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank questions.
Q. Requirements for CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI Certification
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ certifications.
- Minimum 12 months of experience in Linux administration.
Q. How long will it take to receive my certification package once I’ve passed?
A. Your certification will be sent via regular post once you become certified. Please allow up to 6-8 weeks for delivery.Please also ensure that the mailing address on your profile is up to date before writing your exams.
Q. How to prepare for certification exam?
A. The best way to kickstart your preparation is to study by refrering the exam objective and attempting the pre-assessment, testpreps, and post-assessment. Simulations will help you gain hands-on expertise on the subject. Check out uCertify’s award winning platform to get started. You can assess the quality by registreing for the free version.