Q. What is the 70-563-VB exam?
A. This certification exam measures your ability to design and develop Windows Applications or client applications as well as desktop applications that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008 by using .NET Framework 3.5. The exam measures your working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. After passing this exam, you earn credit toward the following certification:
Prior to preparation for the 70-563-VB exam, you will in all probability necessitate defining your objectives and making out if you will actually need the Microsoft 70-563-VB certification exam. The most excellent approach to do that is to coordinate your objectives with that of exams and if both are in a similar way, you require being clear in your mind that Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 possibly will be the best exam available for you. It is a required exam for the new Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): MCPD Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the 70-563-VB exam?
A. There are no specific prerequisites for this test, although it is recommended that planning to take 70-563-VB, exam should have a minimum of two to three years of experience developing Windows-based applications by using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
Q. What are the benefits to becoming a MCPD: 70-563-VB?
A. The benefits to becoming a MCPD: 70-563-VB are as follows:
- Microsoft products are most widely used today and the MCPD: .NET 3.5 certification proves expertise on the Microsoft products and technologies.
- Professionals holding the MCPD: .NET 3.5 certification enhances employment opportunities for programmers.
- MCPD: .NET 3.5 certification is helpful for professionals who have entry-level certifications in related technologies to upgrade their credentials and get recognition from the industry.
- MCPD: .NET 3.5 Certified professionals get special offers and discount on Microsoft products and other selected products from Microsoft.
Q. What certificate and credit does the 70-563-VB exam provide?
A. After passing the exam 70-563-VB: Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, you will get Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certificate and this will provide credit toward the following certification(s):
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. You will be required to attempt approximately 45 to 55 questions.
Q. What is the exam fee?
A. The exam fee is US $125.
- Note: The net price for taking test 70-563-VB is US $125. The net price does not include applicable taxes, vouchers, promotions or membership discounts you may have. The exam is subsidized in India and China. The net price for taking test 70-563-VB in India and China is US $50.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. Users are required to attempt all questions in 120 minutes.
Q. Which type of the test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
A. This test consists of Multiple Choice, Hot Area, Drag and Drop, Build list and reorder, and Build a Tree questions. The test can be adaptive and simulation questions might be asked. There are no Case study type questions.
Q. What is the passing score?
A. The passing score of the exam is 700 out of 1000 score marks.
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. If you do not pass the 70-563-VB exam in the first time, you may retake it at any time. If you do not achieve a passing score the second time, you must wait at least 14 days to retake the test a third time. A 14-day waiting period will be imposed for all subsequent exam retakes. If you have passed an exam, you cannot take it again.
- Note: Take the benefit of Microsoft Second Shot offer and get a free retake if you do not pass an IT professional or developer Microsoft Certification exam the first time. You have to take both the first and (if required) the retake exam before June 30, 2010.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. Studies have shown that certified individuals realize many benefits. Among them are the following:
- Increased opportunities on the job: These opportunities range from increased salary and bonus to project involvement and promotion.
- Increased breadth of knowledge: Certification is a catalyst for learning new technologies in a structured and comprehensive way.
- Increased value to the organization: Organizations with 25 percent or more of their staff certified have shown to deploy projects on time and within budget more often, rely less on external support, have less downtime, and have higher user satisfaction with their IT staff.
Q. Is the 70-563-VB exam right for you?
A. The test is appropriate for you if you are working or want to work in a typically complex computing environment of medium-to-large organizations that use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. Candidates for this exam work on a team in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2008 and the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 to create Windows-based applications. Candidates should have at least one year of experience in developing Windows-based applications by using the .NET Framework 2.0 and should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A solid understanding of Windows Forms applications in the context of the.NET Framework 3.5 solution stack
- Experience in programming against the Windows applications event model
- Experience in creating graphical user interface applications
- Experience in creating data-driven user interfaces (UI)
- Experience in deploying Windows applications
Candidates should be very familiar with Visual Studio 2005 or later and the .NET Framework classes that are related to Windows application. In addition, candidates should have a good grasp of .NET fundamentals.
Q. What are the code languages available for the 70-563 exam?
A. There are three code languages available for the 70-563 exam:
- Microsoft Visual CSHARP
- Microsoft Visual Basic
Q. What are the skills being measured for the 70-563-VB exam?
A.Microsoft has specified forty objectives for the 70-563-VB exam, which are grouped under seven topics. Following are some important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the 70-563-VB exam
Q. How to prepare for the 70-563-VB exam?
A. We designed 70-563-VB preparation kit to help you get certified effortlessly. Now you don’t need to spend your time and money searching for study materials, books, etc., this PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications exam preparation kit contains everything you need to get certified. Just follow the instructions; focus on the study material and getting certified will be easy.
Don’t take our word for it; decide the quality of our PrepKit yourself. Download the trial version of the PrepKit now to get over 15 questions and 50 study notes, absolutely free. Once you are convinced, you can buy this PrepKit to get all questions and study notes. And of course, we trust our PrepKits so much that all our PrepKits are backed with full money back guarantee in case you do not pass the PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications exam.
Q. Where to take the test?
A. You can register with a Prometric testing center. You can also register for the exam online at your local exam center or a regional contact center. (Prometric testing Centre).
Q. How can I register for the 70-563-VB exam?
A. You can register for the exam through a Prometric Test Center Locator at Prometric. You will have to go through a complete registration process, make payments and schedule the date and time for the exam.
Q. How to locate a testing center?
A. Please visit the following link to locate the testing center:
Q. How to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm the exam?
A. Please visit the following link to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm the exam:
Q. How to update personal information, viewing test history, etc?
A. Please visit the following link to update personal information, viewing test history, etc:
Q. What can I expect from Microsoft if I pass the 70-563-VB exam?
A. After passing the exam, you will achieve the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) status. You will also be eligible for the Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): Windows Developer 3.5 certification.
Q. How long does it take to receive my Welcome Kit?
A. It will take about 30 days to receive your welcome kit after passing the exam and placing the order. You can also download the same certificate from the MCP Secure Site.
Even though the certificates are absolutely free, there will be shipping and handling charges which you have to pay. The Shipping and Handling are $9.95 USD for the first certificate and $0.99 USD for each additional certificate up to six total certificates.
The PrepKit covers 100% objectives for Microsoft’s 70-563-VB Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 exam, in accordance with actual exam pattern and question types.