Q. What is 70-536-VB Application Development Foundation exam?
A. Microsoft’s 70-536-VB .NET Framework Application Development Foundation exam is designed to test your knowledge of the Microsoft .NET Framework fundamentals. This Technology Specialist (TS) exam, Exam 70-536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework, Application Development Foundation, became available in March 2006. Exam VB .NET Framework Application Development Foundation is designed to measure your knowledge of .NET development fundamentals and is not tied to a particular version of .NET.
Since the exam is now applicable to both Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 certification tracks, we have changed the name of the exam. Formerly TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Application Development Foundation, Exam VB .NET Framework Application Development Foundation is now called TS: Microsoft .NET Framework, Application Development Foundation. If you are a .NET 2.0 developers, you do not need to learn .NET 3.5 to pass Exam VB .NET Framework Application Development Foundation; conversely, if you are a .NET 3.5 developer, you do not need to review .NET 2.0 to pass the exam.
Q. What credit does the 70-536 Application Development Foundation exam provide?
A. When you pass Exam 70-536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0-Application Development Foundation, you earn credit toward the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Presentation Foundation Applications
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Communication Foundation Applications
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Workflow Foundation Applications
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Forms Applications
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, ADO.NET Applications
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. This Microsoft 70-536-CSHARP exam consists of multiple-choice questions. There are case study type questions and the test is not adaptive. There are two case studies. You will be required to attempt approximately 50 questions in 120 minutes (including 8 questions based on the 2 case studies). To pass, you need a score of 700 out of 1000.
Q. What is the exam fee?
A. The exam fee is US $125.
- Note: The net price for taking test 70-536-VB is US $125. Net price does not include applicable taxes, vouchers, promotions or membership discounts you may have. The exam is subsidized in India and China. The net price for taking test 70-536-VB in India and China is US $50.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. Users are required to attempt all questions in 120 minutes.
Q. Which type of the test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
A. This test consists of Multiple Choice, Hot Area, Drag and Drop, Build list and reorder, and Build a Tree questions. The test can be adaptive and simulation questions might be asked. There are no Case study type questions.
Q. What is the passing score?
A. The passing score of the exam is 700 out of 1000 score marks.
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. If you do not pass test 70-536-VB the first time, you may retake it at any time. If you do not achieve a passing score the second time, you must wait at least 14 days to retake the test a third time. A 14-day waiting period will be imposed for all subsequent exam retakes. If you have passed an exam, you cannot take it again.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. Studies have shown that certified individuals realize many benefits. Among them are the following:
- Increased opportunities on the job: These opportunities range from increased salary and bonus to project involvement and promotion.
- Increased breadth of knowledge: Certification is a catalyst for learning new technologies in a structured and comprehensive way.
- Increased value to the organization: Organizations with 25 percent or more of their staff certified have shown to deploy projects on time and within budget more often, rely less on external support, have less downtime, and have higher user satisfaction with their IT staff.
Q. Is the 70-536-VB exam right for you?
A. The test is appropriate for you if you are working or want to work in a typically complex computing environment of medium-to-large organizations that use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. Candidates should have at least two to three years of experience developing Web-based, Windows-based, or distributed applications by using the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, or the .NET Framework 3.5. Candidates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008 and should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Developing applications that use system types and collections
- Implementing service processes, threading, and application domains in a .NET Framework application
- Embedding configuration, diagnostic, management, and installation features into a .NET Framework application
- Implementing serialization and input/output functionality in a .NET Framework application
- Improving the security of the .NET Framework applications by using the .NET Framework 2.0 security
- Implementing interoperability, reflection, and mailing functionality in a .NET Framework application
- Implementing globalization, drawing, and text manipulation functionality in a .NET Framework application
Q. What are the code languages available for the 70-536 exam?
A. There are three code languages available for the 70-536 exam:
- Microsoft Visual CSHARP
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Microsoft Visual C++
Q. What are the skills being measured for the 70-536-VB exam?
A.Microsoft has specified more than thirty objectives for the 70-536-VB exam, which are grouped under seven topics. Following are some important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the 70-536-VB exam Continue Reading ”Skills required for 70-536-VB” »
Q. How to prepare for the 70-536-VB exam?
A. We designed 70-536-VB preparation kit to help you get certified effortlessly. Now you don’t need to spend your time and money searching for study materials, books, etc., this TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation exam preparation kit contains everything you need to get certified. Just follow the instructions; focus on the study material and getting certified will be easy.
Don’t take our word for it; decide the quality of our PrepKit yourself. Download the trial version of the PrepKit now to get over 15 questions and more than 100 study notes, absolutely free. Once you are convinced, you can buy this PrepKit to get all questions and study notes. And of course, we trust our PrepKits so much that all our PrepKits are backed with full money back guarantee in case you do not pass the TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation exam.
Q. Where to take the test?
A. You can register with a Prometric testing center. You can also register for the exam online at your local exam center or a regional contact center. (Prometric testing Centre).
Q. How can I register for the 70-536-VB exam?
A. You can register for the exam through a Prometric Test Center Locator at Prometric. You will have to go through a complete registration process, make payments and schedule the date and time for the exam.
Q. How to locate a testing center?
A. Please visit the following link to locate the testing center:
Q. How to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm the exam?
A. Please visit the following link to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm the exam:
Q. How to update personal information, viewing test history, etc?
A. Please visit the following link to update personal information, viewing test history, etc:
Q. What can I expect from Microsoft if I pass the 70-536-VB exam?
A. After passing the exam, you will achieve the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) status.
Q. How long does it take to receive my Welcome Kit?
A. The certificate can be ordered through the Microsoft Certified Professional member site by clicking on ”Download certificates under Program Benefits” ». It will take about 30 days to receive your welcome kit after passing the exam and placing the order. You can also download the same certificate from the MCP Secure Site.
Even though the certificates are absolutely free, there will be shipping and handling charges which you have to pay. The Shipping and Handling are $9.95 USD for the first certificate and $0.99 USD for each additional certificate up to six total certificates.
The PrepKit covers 100% objectives for Microsoft’s 70-536 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation, in accordance with actual exam pattern and question types.