Q. What is the 70-511-VB exam?
A. This exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge and skills for developing applications using Windows Forms, WPF and the .NET Framework 4.0. Questions that contain code will be presented in either C# or VB. Candidates can select one of these languages when they start the exam.
Prior to preparation for the 70-511-VB exam, you will in all probability necessitate defining your objectives and making out if you will actually need the Microsoft 70-511-VB certification exam. The most excellent approach to do that is to coordinate your objectives with that of exams and if both are in a similar way, you require being clear in your mind that 70-511 possibly will be the best exam available for you.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the 70-511-VB exam?
A. There are no specific prerequisites for this test, although it is recommended that planning to take 70-511-VB, exam should have a minimum of two to three years of experience developing Windows-based applications by using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET 4.0.
Q. What are the benefits to becoming a Windows Developer (70-511-VB)?
A. The benefits to becoming a Windows Developer (70-511-VB) are as follows:
- Microsoft products are most widely used today and the MCTS: .NET 4.0 certification proves expertise on the Microsoft products and technologies.
- Professionals holding the MCTS: .NET 4.0 certification enhances employment opportunities for programmers.
- MCTS: .NET 4.0 certification is helpful for professionals who have entry-level certifications in related technologies to upgrade their credentials and get recognition from the industry.
- MCTS: .NET 4.0 Certified professionals get special offers and discount on Microsoft products and other selected products from Microsoft.
Q. What certificate and credit does the 70-511-VB exam provide?
A. After passing the exam 70-511-VB TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4, you complete the requirements for the following certification:
Exam 70-511-VB: TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. You will be required to attempt approximately 55 to 60 questions.
Q. What is the exam fee?
A. The exam fee is US $125.
- Note: The net price for taking test 70-511-VB is US $125. Net price does not include applicable taxes, vouchers, promotions or membership discounts you may have. The exam is subsidized in India and China. The net price for taking test 70-511-VB in India and China is US $50.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. Users are required to attempt all questions in 120 minutes.
Q. Which type of the test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
A. This test consists of Multiple Choice, Hot Area, Drag and Drop, Build list and reorder, and Build a Tree questions. The test can be adaptive and simulation questions might be asked. There are no Case study type questions.
Q. What is the passing score?
A. The passing score of the exam is 700 out of 1000 score marks.
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. If you do not pass test 70-511-VB the first time, you may retake it at any time. If you do not achieve a passing score the second time, you must wait at least 14 days to retake the test a third time. A 14-day waiting period will be imposed for all subsequent exam retakes. If you have passed an exam, you cannot take it again.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. Studies have shown that certified individuals realize many benefits. Among them are the following:
- Increased opportunities on the job: These opportunities range from increased salary and bonus to project involvement and promotion.
- Increased breadth of knowledge: Certification is a catalyst for learning new technologies in a structured and comprehensive way.
- Increased value to the organization: Organizations with 25 percent or more of their staff certified have shown to deploy projects on time and within budget more often, rely less on external support, have less downtime, and have higher user satisfaction with their IT staff.
Q. Is the 70-511-VB exam right for you?
A. The test is appropriate for you if you are working in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2010 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to create WinForms and WPF applications. You should have at least one year of experience developing Windows-based applications by using Visual Studio, including at least six months of experience with Visual Studio 2010 Professional.
In addition, you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A solid understanding of the .NET Framework 4.0 solution stack for WPF and WinForm applications
- Experience in creating data-driven user interfaces for WPF and WinForm applications
- Experience in creating layouts by using Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML)
- Experience in programming against the WPF and WinForm object model
- Experience with unit testing using MSTest
- Experience with setup and deployment projects
Q. What are the code languages available for the 70-511 exam?
A. There are two code languages available for the 70-511 exam:
- Microsoft Visual CSHARP
- Microsoft Visual Basic
Q. What are the skills being measured for the 70-511-VB exam?
A. Microsoft has specified more than thirty objectives for the 70-511-VB exam, which are grouped under five topics. Following are some important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the 70-511-VB exam
Q. How to prepare for the 70-511-VB exam?
A. We designed 70-511-VB preparation kit to help you get certified effortlessly. Now you don’t need to spend your time and money searching for study materials, books, etc., this TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 exam preparation kit contains everything you need to get certified. Just follow the instructions; focus on the study material and getting certified will be easy.
Don’t take our word for it; decide the quality of our PrepKit yourself. Download the trial version of the PrepKit now to get over 15 questions and 50 study notes, absolutely free. Once you are convinced, you can buy this PrepKit to get all questions and study notes. And of course, we trust our PrepKits so much that all our PrepKits are backed with full money back guarantee in case you do not pass the TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 exam.
Q. Where to take the test?
A. You can register with a Prometric testing center. You can also register for the exam online at your local exam center or a regional contact center. (Prometric testing Centre).
Q. How can I register for the 70-511-VB exam?
A. You can register for the exam through a Prometric Test Center Locator at Prometric. You will have to go through a complete registration process, make payments and schedule the date and time for the exam.
Q. How to locate a testing center?
A. Please visit the following link to locate the testing center:
Q. How to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm the exam?
A. Please visit the following link to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm the exam:
Q. How to update personal information, viewing test history, etc?
A. Please visit the following link to update personal information, viewing test history, etc:
Q. What can I expect from Microsoft if I pass the 70-511-VB exam?
A. After passing the exam, you will achieve the MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Windows Applications status.
Q. How long does it take to receive my Welcome Kit?
A. The certificate can be ordered through the Microsoft Certified Professional member site by clicking on ”Download certificates under Program Benefits”. It will take about 30 days to receive your welcome kit after passing the exam and placing the order. You can also download the same certificate from the MCP Secure Site.
Even though the certificates are absolutely free, there will be shipping and handling charges which you have to pay. The Shipping and Handling are $9.95 USD for the first certificate and $0.99 USD for each additional certificate up to six total certificates.
Q. What is the validation period?
A. This exam expires when new and more relevant Microsoft products are released.
Q. How to get score report?
A. The score report of the exam will be delivered immediate on test completion at testing center.
The PrepKit covers 100% objectives for Microsoft’s 70-511-VB TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 exam, in accordance with actual exam pattern and question types.