Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2005
- In order to change collation settings, reinstall SQL Server 2005 on a server with the same collation settings as another server.
- In order to install SQL Server 2005 on a computer on which SQL Server 2000 is already installed, install SQL Server 2005 as a named instance.
- Members of db_access role can assign permissions to other users to enable them to access and query the database.
- RAID-0, also known as disk striping, is made up of a disk set in which data is divided into blocks and spread equally in each disk. It provides best performance because data read and data write operations are not limited to a single disk, but to a set of disks. It does not provide data redundancy. Data once lost cannot be recovered.
- The Service Broker can be attached to a database by using the FOR ATTACH clause of the CREATE DATABASE statement.
- If a snapshot of a database is present on the same computer on which the database is present, the database cannot be deleted.
- In order to connect to the DAC, specify ADMIN: server_name in the Connect to the Server dialog box.
- The login information stored in the master database.
- In order to secure data that is data transmitted over a network, set the value of the ForceEncryption option on a server to Yes.
- In order to enable a user to connect to the database, a DBA should add the user to that database.
- The db_ddladmin fixed database role allows its members to add, modify, or drop objects in the database. Members of the db_ddladmin role can issue DDL statements (e.g. CREATE, ALTER, and DROP) in the database.
- Member of db_ddladmin role have the permission to execute the T-SQL statements.
- The sysadmin role allows a user to view the security log.
Developing applications that use system types and collections
- Use the CausesValidation property of the ImageButton class to set a value to indicate whether validation is performed on a Web server control when an ImageButton control is clicked.
- Installation packages are created for deploying a Web application by using a Web Setup project. A merge module project is used for components to be added to the application.
- Use the Web Setup project and Deployment project to create installation packages for the deployment of Web-based applications such as XML Web services, Web applications etc., to a Web server.
- Use a RequiredFieldValidator control to check whether or not an input control contains a value.
- Use a RegularExpressionValidator control to check whether or not the value entered into a form field matches the pattern specified by a regular expression.
- Use the validation error messages to be displayed on a Web page in a message box by setting the ShowMessageBox property of the ValidationSummary control to true. By setting the ValidationSummary property of the ValidationSummary control to false, the validation summary will not be displayed on the Web page.
- Create and sort an array of data using the System namespace.
uCertify (Nov 21, 2008). uCertify, a leading provider of exam preparation software for IT certification exams, today announced huge discount of 37.23% on the entire range of its practice tests. This discount offer is valid only until Sunday, November 30th, 2008. uCertify also offers unconditional 100% money back guarantee, on all its products. You will pass or we will return your money.
“You can now purchase uCertify practice tests for MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, SCJP, A+, CIW, OCP and other certifications and save 37.23% on the regular price. This is the lowest price of the year and you are advised to take advantage of this limited period opportunity now,”said Mark Smith, Director, Product Management, uCertify. Continue reading
Retrieving data using the SQL SELECT statement and using single row functions to customize the output
- /*…*/ and — are used to put comments in an Oracle program.
- The CREATE TABLE does not end immediately with a semicolon, and a column name cannot start with a numeric value. However, a numeric value can be used in between a column name.
- Name of a table cannot start with @ special character.
- Knowing about the GROUP BY clause.
Using sub queries and set operators to solve queries, as well as DDL statements to create and manage tables
- + (unary), – (unary), *, /, ||, =, !=, <, >, <=, >=, IS NULL, LIKE, BETWEEN, IN, NOT, AND, OR is the correct order of operators precedence.
Overview of Electronic Commerce
- B2C and B2B are types of e-commerce.
- B2C stands for business-to-consumer. B2C involves transactions conducted between businesses and consumers over the Internet. For example, placing an order for a book or a home appliance by a consumer to a business over the Internet.
- B2B stands for business-to-business. B2B involves transactions conducted between businesses over the Internet. It is used to exchange products, services, or information between businesses. B2B is also known as e-biz.
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international industry consortium that develops common standards for the World Wide Web to promote its evolution and interoperability.
- E-commerce sites offer a wide access to existing markets. Moreover, they give new access to undiscovered markets. Online stores have many advantages over the traditional stores.
Working with the Photoshop UI
- Photoshop enables you to save the positions of all the open palettes as a workspace.
- To load a preserved workspace, choose Window > Workspace, and select the workspace from the submenu.
- Photoshop lets a user to save the current set of keyboard shortcuts as a workspace.
- The Slide Show view option (View > Slide Show) of the Bridge displays a group of images one by one at full screen.
- The As Details view option (View > As Details) of the Bridge displays a list of thumbnails along with the information about each file in the main viewing area of the Bridge workspace.
- The As Filmstrip view option (View > As Filmstrip) of the Bridge displays thumbnails of files in a scrolling list along with a big preview of the file selected in the list in the main viewing area of the Bridge workspace.