The CompTIA Network+ certification is a globally recognized, vendor-neutral credential. The certification validates the skills and expertise of an entry-level network practitioners to troubleshoot, manage, install, maintain, operate and configure basic network infrastructure, basic design principles, describe networking technologies, and adhere to wiring standards and use testing tools.
Let’s check out below the domains and extent to which they covered by CompTIA Network+ exam:
Network architecture 22%
Network operations 20%
Network security 18%
Industry standards, practices, and network theory 16%
Once you pass CompTIA Network+ certification exam, you will be recognized as a Network Analyst, Network Administrator, Network Field Engineer, or Network Support Specialist. To quote CompTIA, “Network+ professionals are known to excel in their job: 53% of IT and business executives agree that certified staff performs at a higher level than non-certified staff.”
So, what are you waiting for? Start your learning today with Network+ comprehensive courses and performance-based offered by uCertify.
Paige Houston has over 9+ years’ of experience in the field of administrative office support. She has also worked in the field of networking, application, virtualization, operating systems, and many more. She has earned CompTIA A+ and Web page development certification. She has featured skills and endorsement in the field of networking, network management, technical support, and so on.
She recently accessed our N10-006: CompTIA Network+ course and has provided the following feedback, that we are more than happy to share:
“The uCertify training tool is definitely something very essential when studying for any certification exam. I especially liked the variety of practice exam questions, as well as the how the objectives are broken down based on your understanding level. This is a very good study tool.”
We are working on all the areas of improvement mentioned by her to provide a better user experience. To know more about Paige Houston, you can contact her via her LinkedIn profile.
CompTIA has recently begun including performance based questions for several of its exams in addition to the standard multiple choice questions. The current list of exams that contain performance based questions are: A+ (220-801 and 220-802), Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), Network+ (N10-005), and Security+ (SY0-301).
Candidates are required to perform a specific task or solve a problem in simulated IT environments in Performance-based questions. When the candidate completes the required steps, the task is considered accomplished.
A comprehensive certification prep course can help you to prepare thoroughly for the actual certification exam. uCertify courses include performance-based question in the practice tests to help candidates prepare for CompTIA exams.
Check out the free evaluation copy at:
uCertify, a proud CompTIA GOLD Partner will be at CompTIA’s Academy Educator Conference
this month, in Las Vegas on July 28th and 29th
. The conference is targeted at educators and has several informative sessions on the latest CompTIA certifications. We would love to meet you and learn about your specific needs, as well as share how we can help your students not only get certified, but actually learn the skills expected of a certified professional!
Highlights of our CompTIA Recommended curriculum:
Full spectrum of CompTIA products: A+
, Network+ (2012)
, Healthcare IT
- 100% Exam Coverage
- Available 24×7 online, mobile and offline
- Online reference guide
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Hundreds of practice questions with detailed answer explanations
- Chapter wise study notes, How-tos, Flash cards, Interactive Quizzes and much more
- Student progress tracking, test history and performance review
- Powerful analytics
- Perfect for independent study or instructor led learning
- Optional customization with lesson plans, assignments, single-sign on and integration with existing LMSs
We would love to show off our top quality products and services to you! Stop by the uCertify table at the Publisher Expo on Saturday afternoon, noon-5:00 p.m for demos, academic licensing options, and great promotional giveaways!
If you can’t attend the conference, but would like to learn more about uCertify, our academic discounts, or to schedule a demo, please contact Betsy Rivers, Director of Customer Partnerships at email@example.com or call 925-252-5499.
Preparing for the exam
The certification exams check your knowledge and experience on their subject. So the best way to get through is to learn and master each and every aspect of the technology and get hands-on experience on it. Of course, you have to study hard, as there is no short cut to success, but if you prepare systematically, you can pass all these exams easily.
Take the following steps to ensure success in the exams:
- Identify the exam objectives by visiting the product vendors site because these objectives keep on changing from time to time.
- Study the suggested reading material and make sure you understand everything and also perform the tasks they suggest.
Pass N10-004 exam in the first attempt. Full featured Tests. 635 questions with answers and 185 study notes articles and exam tips:
Download link: https://www.ucertify.com/exams/CompTIA/N10-004.html
- If you feel the need, you can also go for instructor-led or online training courses.
- Nothing beats a test better than taking it beforehand. Buy good test simulation software and test your skills on it.
- Register for the test at least two weeks before. This helps in building the tempo.
Before the test
- Be confident and relaxed.
- Sleep well the night before the exam.
- Arrive early at the test center with at least two forms of identification.
- If you need a quick drink of water or a visit to the restroom, take time before the exam, because once started, the exam will not be paused for these needs.
At the Testing center
- You will be asked to present your ID and sign the log when you arrive at the testing center.
- The center in-charge will explain the rules that you have to follow during the exam and will ask you to sign a paper stating that you understand the rules of the exams and will follow them.
- You are not allowed to take in any sort of written or printed material with you to the exam. You will be provided with scratch paper, pencils and anything you need for the exam.
- Before the test, you will have an opportunity to take a practice exam that is not related with the subject but will give you an orientation of the exam process.
- If you have any problem regarding the testing process, you can ask the test administrator.
Test Taking Approach
- As you start the test, be calm and read the question and ALL its options carefully even if you think you know the answer.
- If you are taking an adaptive test, REMEMBER you will not get a chance to change your answer once you move on, so be sure before you mark the answer. In a linear test, you will have a chance to change the answer.
- If you know the answer, answer the question and move on. If you are not sure, still mark your best guess and move on. If it is a linear test, you should also bookmark the question so that you can return to it afterwards.
- Sometimes related questions also provide answer for the questions you were unsure of. So, it is always a good idea to bookmark the question.
- If you are unsure of the correct answer, read all options and eliminate those that are obviously wrong. Then choose from the remaining options.
- Once you have finished answering all the questions, check the time left. If you have time, review the bookmarked questions.
- Never leave a question unanswered. All certification tests that we know are timed and count unanswered questions as wrong. If you don’t have the time, take a blind guess.
Most importantly, keep faith in yourself and you will see that nothing is impossible. You can always find what works for you and what does not and plan your preparations accordingly. This may not be an exhaustive list of what to do and what not to do, but we do hope that these tips will pave your way towards your ultimate goal, i.e., to be certified.
To analyze the capabilities of the software, you can download a demo version and evaluate the PrepKit free of cost. Click the link below:
Download link: https://www.ucertify.com/exams/CompTIA/N10-004.html
uCertify (July 14, 2009) uCertify, a leading provider of exam preparation software for IT certification exams, is offering a huge discount of 50% on its Network+ (N10-003) and Security+ (SY0-101) PrepKits. CompTIA has announced the retirement of the Network+ version 2007 (N10-003) and Security+ (SY0-101) certification exams. These exams will be available until July 31, 2009. According to CompTIA, although these exams are being retired, the certification status of candidates will not change. So, the candidates who have been preparing for these exams for a long time are advised to take the exam as early as possible.
uCertify is offering a discount of 50% on both PrepKits. To get a glimpse of these PrepKits, you can download its free demo version (which contains 15 free practice questions) from:
For Security+ (SY0-101) certification PrepKit: https://www.ucertify.com/exams/CompTIA/SY0-101.html
For Network+ (N10-003) certification PrepKit: https://www.ucertify.com/exams/CompTIA/N10-003.html
uCertify, (May 16, 2009) uCertify has released its exam preparation kit/exam simulation software for the Network+ (2009) certification, which is among the top certifications today.
Getting certified requires dedication and hard work, and is not as difficult as some make it out to be. You just need the right study material clubbed with effective techniques that can save your time and allow you to focus on your studies to succeed in your certification exams. uCertify is proud to offer the most sophisticated and realistic, yet ultra simple test preparation software platform available in the market.
You can download the latest version of the PrepKit from here:
uCertify is also offering 15% discount if you buy before 31st May. Use Discount code “NET009” in the Order page to avail the discount.
Q. What is the pre-requisite for taking the test N10-003?
A. This test prepares you for various job roles related to networking such as Network Administrator, System Administrator or Network Technician. It is appropriate for you if you are an entry-level network professional. Although there are no prerequisites for this test, CompTIA recommends that you should have at least nine months of experience in network support or administration.
Q. What certificate does test N10-003 provide? Continue reading