Microsoft’s 70-642 test is designed to measure your ability to accomplish the technical tasks of configuring and maintaining Windows 2008 network infrastructure. This exam is meant for IT professionals who are working or want to work in a typically complex computing environment of medium-to-large organizations. Before taking the test 70-642, you should practice the following:
- Install Windows Server 2008 on two networked computers. During installation, through Setup, create a partition on the hard disks on which you should install Windows Server 2008 as a stand-alone server in a workgroup.
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 addressing.
The Microsoft exam 77-603 measures an individual’s ability to create, format, collaborate and deliver presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint2007. Before taking the 77-603 exam, you should practice the following:
- Create a new presentation by using blank presentations, templates, existing presentation and Microsoft Office Word Outline 2007.
- Create and change the presentation elements.
- Insert and format textboxes.
- Insert hyperlinks and media clips.
- Apply built-in animations.
- Create custom animations.
- Create SmartArt diagram.
- Insert illustrations and shapes.
- Insert and modify charts.
- Insert and modify tables.
- Insert and modify comments.
Microsoft has specified more than twenty objectives for the 77-603 exam, which are grouped under four topics. The following are the key skills that an individual should posses before taking the 77-603 exam:
- Creating presentations
- Customizing slide master and its elements
- Arranging slides
- Inserting and formatting text boxes
- Manipulating text
- Adding and linking existing content to presentations
- Applying and customizing animation
- Creating and modifying SmartArt diagrams
The CompTIA exam 220-702 is meant for entry-level computer technicians. In order to achieve CompTIA A+ certification, a candidate must register for and pass the CompTIA A+ Essentials (220-701) and CompTIA A+ Practical Application (220-702) exams. However, those who have already achieved A+ certification on 2006 version can upgrade by taking only the A+ Bridge exam (BR0-003). CompTIA A+ Practical Application (220-702) is an extension of the knowledge and skills identified in 220-701, with more of a “hands-on” orientation focused on scenarios in which troubleshooting and tools must be applied to resolve problems. The CompTIA A+ (2009) certification measures the necessary competencies of an entry-level IT professional with at least 500 hours of hands-on experience in the lab or field. It tests for the fundamentals of computer technology, networking and security, as well as the communication skills and professionalism now required of all entry-level IT professionals.
Q. What is the CompTIA A+ Practical Application (220-702) exam?
A. CompTIA A+ Practical Application (220-702) is an extension of the knowledge and skills identified in CompTIA A+ Essentials (220-701), with more of a “hands-on” orientation focused on scenarios in which troubleshooting and tools must be applied to resolve problems. The CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for computer support technicians. The latest version of CompTIA A+ is CompTIA A+ 2009 Edition. Two exams are necessary to be certified: CompTIA A+ Essentials (220-701); and CompTIA A+ Practical Application (220-702).
Q. What are the prerequisites for the CompTIA A+ Practical Application (220-702) exam?
A. None. Both 220-701 and 220-702 exams are required to be passed for getting the A+ certification.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the SCJA exam?
A. There is no prerequisite for the SCJA exam. However, you must be well experienced with the language before you take the exam. Even if you are new to the Java field, you can still pass the exam with self-study.
Q. What are the exam objectives?
A. The exam objectives can be found at http://www.sun.com/training/catalog/courses/CX-310-019.xml.
This test consists of multiple-choice questions. There are no case study type questions and the test is not adaptive. You will be required to attempt approximately 51 questions in 115 minutes. To pass, you need a score of 68%. The Sun Certified Associate for the Java Platform, Standard Edition, ExamVersion 1.0 certification exam is meant for people who aspire to make a career in the software development industry using Java technologies. To pass this certification exam one must be well versed in:
- Object-Oriented Programming Concepts such as encapsulation, polymorphism, etc.
- UML (Unified Modeling Language) representation of object-oriented concepts.
- Java Platform Technologies such as J2SE, J2ME, and J2EE.
Microsoft has specified more than twenty objectives for the 77-604 test, which are grouped under five topics. Following are the important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the 77-604 test:
- Creating and sending an e-mail message.
- Creating and managing your signature and automated messages.
- Managing e-mail message attachments.
- Configuring e-mail message sensitivity and importance settings.
- Configuring e-mail security settings.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the 70-624 exam?
A. There is no prerequisite for taking the test 70-624. However, it is recommended that candidates have a minimum of one year of experience in managing day-to-day issues with desktop deployments.
Q. What certificate does it provide?
A. When you pass the Exam 70-624: TS: Deploying and Maintaining Windows Vista Client and 2007 Microsoft Office System Desktops, you complete the requirement for the following certification: Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Business Desktop Deployment.
Microsoft has specified more than twenty-eight objectives for the 70-640 test. These objectives are grouped under six topics. Following are the important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the 70-640 test:
- Installing and configuring DNS.
- Configuring zone transfers.
- Configuring forest and domains.
- Configuring trusts.
- Configuring sites.