The IBM DB2 731 exam is designed to test an examine’s knowledge of managing a data server, performing data placement, securing a data server, etc. Following are some important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the DB2 DBA certification exam:
- Managing DB2 Data Server.
- Performing data placement.
- Analyzing DB2 activities.
- Understanding how to use various DB2 database utilities.
- Performing database-level and table space level BACKUP & RESTORE.
- Configuring Online Parameters.
- Authorizing and authentication of various DB2 roles and database instances.
- Understanding DB2 Security Infrastructure (e.g. LBAC and Security Plug-ins).