Gamification in eLearning is the use of game theory and game mechanics in non-game contexts to engage and motivate your users. Did you know almost 80% of the learners say that they would be more productive if their university/institution or work was more game-like? or have you heard that over 60% of learners would be motivated by leader boards and increased competition between students?
No wonder, gamification is growing in popularity and can produce measurable results, if used properly. Incorporating elements from games into the classroom is a great way to provide students with opportunities to act freely, show competency, and work together. There are many different benefits of using gamification within your eLearning courses and we’ve listed out a few below.
- Provides instant feedback. One great example is if you are using a basic gaming component such as a leaderboard after a quiz or assignment, or you can access the Readiness score or Study Planner, the user immediately know where they stand among their peers.
- Builds engagement. If you are using a reward system, such as badges or points, you can allow your students and users to use those badges and points for real benefits. Or if you can flaunt your score on the social media platforms with your friends then it certainly drives more engagement.
- Boosts productivity. By implementing a gaming reward system (badges, points, etc.) based on specific activities within your eLearning course, students are encouraged to accomplish those tasks in your desired order.
- Increases learning retention. Students are able to better learn and retain the content when they relate to it differently than just reading or watching a lecture. As per a study student can retain 90% more if they are involved in the learning process even via simulations. That’s where uCertify’s labs gives you an edge.
- More time spent and fun Simply put, your students are likely to spend more time within your eLearning course if it is more enjoyable, engaging, and fun.
One of the biggest benefits of gamification is that it is fun. Having a non-traditional learning experience with leaderboards, badges, points, and rewards is a major plus in your students’ eyes and makes it more enjoyable to everyone.