Want to know which IT certifications will enhance your job profile and will take your tech career a step forward? Here, we have brought the top five IT certifications to boost up your career:
1. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): CCNA certification validates a professional’s expertise in configuring, operating, and troubleshooting medium-level routed and switched networks. It also includes the validation and application of connections through distant sites using WAN.
Certification process: To become a CCNA certified, you need to pass a 90-minutes exam consisting of about 50-60 questions. The question format for this exam is multiple-choice, single-answer, drag and drop, fill in the blank and so on. The test costs around USD 295.
Job titles: Network engineer, network administrator, and systems administrator.
2. CompTIA A+: CompTIA A+ certification is an industrially recognized vendor-neutral certification designed to ensure knowledge and skills for entry-level IT professionals to configure, install, and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users, assemble components based on customer requirements, and so on.
Certification process: To become A+ certified, professionals have to pass two exams: 220-901 and 220-902. The question format for this exam is multiple choice and performance-based. The exam cost is approximately USD 200.
Job titles: In-home support specialist, desktop support technician, and help desk technician.
3. Network+: Network+ is a globally recognized credential designed to ensure technical knowledge required for foundation-level IT network practitioners to troubleshoot, manage, install, maintain, operate and configure basic network infrastructure, basic design principles, describe networking technologies, and adhere to wiring standards and use testing tools.
Certification process: To become a Network+ certified, professionals need to pass a 90-minutes exam consisting of 90 questions. The exam costs around USD 285.
Job titles: Helpdesk technician, information technology specialist, and information technology technician.
4. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): ISC2 CISSP is an advanced-level certification designed to ensure skills and knowledge required for IT security professionals to engineer, implement, manage, and design the overall information security program to protect organizations from growing sophisticated attacks.
Certification process: The CISSP certification exam includes eight topics. It contains 250 questions which have to be completed in six hours. The exam cost is around USD 600.
Most common job titles: Information technology auditor, security analyst, information security analyst, and so on.
5. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE): Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification is designed to ensure proficiency and skills to use Windows Server, System Center, and other Microsoft technologies. The MCSE exam validates your ability to design systems and complex solutions, solve difficult problems requiring innovative resolutions, build and deploy, as well as operate, maintain and optimize Microsoft-based systems.
Certification process: The exam has a five-step process that contains various question formats such as multiple choice, drag-and-drop, and simulation problems. The exam costs around USD 150 regardless of the specialization.
Job titles: Systems administrator, field systems technician, and systems engineer.
So, what are you waiting for? Earning one of these top IT certifications will enhance your IT career and increase the job proficiency. Start your preparation now!