Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) is the certification introduced by (ISC)²; in response to the rising popularity of the cloud and the corresponding security concerns that have developed along with it.
The Cloud Security Alliance, together with (ISC)², is the world’s leading nonprofits committed to cloud and information security. Backed by both these groups, CCSP credential signifies professionals with expertise and competency derived from hands-on experience with cyber, information, software and cloud computing infrastructure security.
1. Exam Information
The length of exam is 4 hours and it contains 125 multiple choice questions. The passing grade is 700 out of 1000. The language of the exam is english and is taken by Pearson Vue Testing Center. The exam objective covers architectural concepts & design requirements, cloud data security, cloud platform & infrastructure security, cloud application security, operations, legal & compliance.
2. CCSP is for whom?
For earning this certification, you must have at least five years of experience which includes three years working in information security and one in the field of cloud computing. Moreover, the individual must have spent one year working in one of the following six CCSP domains:
- Cloud Data Security
- Architecture and Design
- Infrastructure Security
- Application Security
3. The Earning Potential
It’s tough to signify how much a CCSP certification is worth. Mostly, it depends on what kind of work you do and where you’re working from.
Nevertheless, in UK, for example, 90% of the jobs posted for CCSP professionals across IT Jobs Watch paid at least $73,000. The other 10% started at $103,000. That’s up by 2.32% over the past year and more than 40% if you go back to 2015. Moreover, the demand for these jobs is clearly on an upward track as well.
4. CCSP Certification objective
The main benefit of CCSP certification is that you will develop an unparalleled competence in cloud security.The following are the job opportunities after CCSP but they are not limited:
- Security Manager
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Security Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Consultant
- Enterprise Architect
- Security Administrator
No doubt this certification can do wonders to your job resume!