Q. What is the Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-303) exam?
A. This certification exam Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-303) measures the ability, and tests candidates with extensive job-role experience administering security in a Solaris Operating System (Solaris 10 or OpenSolaris) environment.
Q. What are the pre-requisites for the CX-310-303 exam?
A. It is recommended that the test candidate has an in-depth knowledge of UNIX and Solaris OS features. Sun Certification strongly recommends that candidates attend the course: SC-301-S10: Personalizing Security on the Solaris 10 Operating System, and previous Solaris OS system and network administration certification.
Q. What are the benefits to becoming a Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-303) ?
A. The benefits of becoming a Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-303) are as follows:
- The goal of Sun certification is to test on a Sun Certified Security Administrator job role. Thus, to prepare for the certification exam, we recommend Sun training and a working knowledge of the technology, prior to taking the exam. By this certification, You can easily achieve the goal of becoming a Sun Certified Security Administrator.
- If you become a Sun Certified Security Administrator, you will get the highest paid job role in the industries.
Q. What credit does the CX-310-303 exam provide?
A. After passing the exam CX-310-303, you will get a certificate and counts for the certificate towards: Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS.
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. 105 minutes
Q. Which type of the test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
Q. What is the passing score?
A. 52 %
Q. What are the exam objectives?
A. The exam objectives can be found at http://in.sun.com/training/catalog/courses/CX-310-303.xml
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. If you fail in the Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-303) exam, you will have to purchase a new exam voucher to retake the exam. But you will have to wait for at least 2 weeks, before you can retake the exam.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. You should become certified as a Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS by taking the exam CX-310-303. By taking this certification, you would get the highest paid job role in the industries.
Q. Is the CX-310-303 exam right for me?
A. Yes, by getting certified you will be credited for Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS that is very helpful in getting the highest paid job role in the industries.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. Studies have shown that certified individuals reap many benefits. Some of a them are as follows:
- Increased opportunities on the job front: These opportunities range from increased salary and bonus to project involvement and promotions.
Increased breadth of knowledge: Certification is a catalyst for learning new technologies in a structured and comprehensive way.
- Increased value to the organization: Organizations with 25 percent or more of their staff certified, have been shown to deploy projects on time and within budget more often, rely less on external support, have less downtime, and have higher user satisfaction with their IT staff.
Q. What to expect in the CX-310-303 exam?
A. This test consists of Multiple Choice, Scenario based questions, Drag and Drop, and Build list and reorder. The test can be linear. There are no Case study type questions.
Q. What are the code languages available for the CX-310-303 exam?
Q. What are the skills being measured for the Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-303) exam?
- Describing basic security principles including the need for a security policy, process, education and the need to audit, patch and securely configure systems.
- Describing the purpose, features, and functions of the Solaris 10 security features as they relate to: Device Policy, Kerberos enabled applications, LDAP and Inter operability enhancements, Process Rights Management, Solaris Containers, and User Rights Management.
- Describing the purpose, features, and functions of the Solaris 10 security features as they relate to: Password Strength, Syntax Checking, History and Aging Improvements, Basic Audit and Report Tool for File Integrity, IPfilter Stateful Packet Filtering Firewall, Solaris Secure Shell, IPsec/IKE Performance Enhancements.
- Describing the purpose, features, and functions of the Solaris 10 security features as they relate to: Solaris Auditing, Trusted Extensions, PAM Improvements , Encryption and Message Digest Functions Built into the Solaris OS.
- Describing minimization including minimal installation, software installation clusters, loose versus strict minimization, and providing consistent, known configuration for installations.
- Managing patches including describing the Update Manager, describing signed patches, verifying signatures, and specifying a Web Proxy.
- Performing hardening including implementing the Solaris Security Toolkit (SST).
- Implementing Process Rights Management including describing PRM, process privileges, determining rights required by process, profiling privileges used by processes, and assigning minimum rights to a process.
- Implementing User Rights Management including use of Access Control, using RBAC, and implementing password strength, syntax checking, and history and aging improvements.
- Utilizing the Solaris Cryptographic framework including describing the Solaris Cryptographic Framework, using the basic administration tools for Solaris, using the SCF User-Level Commands, describing Framework Management, and using Solaris Cryptographic Framework with a Web server, with a Java-based application and with a Sun Crypto Accelerator.
- Managing file system security, including using signed ELF objects, implementing BART for file integrity, and using the Solaris Fingerprint Database.
Q. How to prepare for the Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-303) exam?
A. We have designed the CX-310-303 preparation kit to help you get certified effortlessly. Now, you don’t need to spend your time and money searching for study materials, books, etc.; this Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-303) exam preparation kit contains everything you need to get certified. Just follow the instructions; focus on the study material and getting certified will be easy.
Don’t take our word for it; decide the quality of our PrepKit yourself. Download the trial version of the PrepKit now, to get over 15 questions and 50 study notes, absolutely free. Once you are convinced, you can buy this PrepKit to get all questions and study notes. And of course, we trust our PrepKits so much that all our PrepKits are backed with full money back guarantee in case you do not pass the Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-303) exam.
Q. Where to take the test?
A. After you purchase your exam voucher, you can contact an authorized prometric center to schedule your exam date, time, and location. Sun Java certifications exams can be taken only at authorized prometric centers in the country where the exam voucher is purchased. You can book the exam within one year from the date of purchase of vouchers. The exam date may depend on your choice (and availability of slot) in your selected test center.
Q. How do I register for the Sun Certified Security Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-303) exam?
A. You can register for the exam through a Prometric Test Center Locator at Prometric. You will have to go through a complete registration process, make payments and schedule the date and time for the exam.
Q. How to locate a testing center?
A. Please visit the following link to locate the testing center:
Q. How to update personal information, viewing test history, etc?
Q. What can I expect from SUN if I pass the CX-310-303 exam?
A. After passing the exam, you will achieve the Sun Certified Security Administrator certification for Solaris 10 OS status.
Q. How long does it take to receive my Welcome Kit?
A. When you pass the test, you can log on to the Certmanager. Here, you can change your mailing address, phone number, and email address. You will have to wait for around one month to get the certification kit. The certification kit will contain a Sun certified certificate with your name and certification title, a logo agreement form for successful Java technology certification fulfillment, an ID card with your name and certification title, and a label pin. However, it will not have any report on your score. You can request for your Sun certification logo by logging on to Sun’s site. You may receive the logo within 2-3 days in your mail id. The mail will also contain the instructions on how to use the logo.