Q. What is the 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam?
A. The CIW Internetworking Professional exam focuses on network architecture and infrastructure components. This 1D0-460 certification validates the candidate’s knowledge and skills in defining network architecture, identifying infrastructure components, monitoring and analyzing network performance, designing, and managing and troubleshooting enterprise TCP/IP networks.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam?
A. Candidates must complete the following prerequisites prior to sitting for the CIW Internetworking Professional exam:
- CIW Certification Agreement: This simple on-line agreement needs to be completed only once, but is necessary for CIW Certification Central to ship CIW certificates (CIW Associate, CIW Professional or Master CIW certificates) to candidates who pass the required CIW certification exam.
- CIW Associate certificate: Passing the CIW Foundations exam 1D0-410 is required for those candidates to achieve CIW Professional, Master CIW Administrator, and/or Master CIW Web Site Manager certification designation.
- CIW Server Administrator: Passing the CIW Server Administrator exam 1D0-450 is required for those candidates seeking Master CIW Administrator certification designation. No candidate is restricted from taking the CIW Server Administrator Professional exam.
However, it is highly recommended that candidates take (and pass) CIW exams in sequential order.
CIW Internetworking Professional certification is a prerequisite for the CIW Security Professional exam, and a requirement for the Master CIW Administrator certification.
Q. What credit does the 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam provide?
A. CIW Internetworking Professional exam is a requirement for the following CIW certifications:
- CIW Certified Instructor: For those teaching CIW Internetworking Professional content
- Master CIW Administrator
CIW Associates who pass the CIW Internetworking Professional exam also achieve the following CIW certification:
Q. What certificate does it provide?
A. 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam provides the CIW Professional certificate.
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. This exam consists of 60 questions.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. The duration of this exam is 75 minutes.
Q. Which type of test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
A. It is a Linear test.
Q. What is the passing score?
A. You have to correctly answer at least 45 of the 60 questions to achieve a total score of 75% or greater to pass the exam.
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. The CIW Exam Retake Policy has the conditions under which a candidate may retake a CIW exam. A waiting period between retakes of exams maintains the security of the exam and strengthens the value of the CIW certification. A retake is any subsequent sitting of an exam with the same CIW exam ID by the same candidate at any authorized testing center. In the event that a candidate passes a CIW exam, the candidate will not be allowed to retake that CIW exam. If the CIW exam objectives change, the exam ID changes to reflect the new exam version. Candidates who have passed an exam may sit a newer version of the exam that may have the same title but a different ID number. In the event that a candidate fails a CIW exam on his or her first attempt, a 24-hour waiting period is required between the first and second sittings of that CIW exam. Candidates are required to wait for a period of no less than thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the previous sitting before any third or subsequent sitting of the same CIW exam. Exams administered in any ways that do not comply with the CIW Exam Retake Policy shall be considered invalid and ineligible for a refund. In the event that a candidate has violated this Exam Retake Policy, the candidate may be deemed ineligible to register for or schedule any CIW exam for a minimum period of twelve (12) months from the date of such determination. In addition, any candidate determined to have violated the CIW Exam Retake Policy may be subject to any or all of the following:
- Denial of a specific CIW certification for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of such determination
- Revocation of all CIW certifications previously granted to the candidate
- Ineligibility to receive any CIW certification for a minimum of twelve (12) months from the date of such determination
- Any other appropriate actions, including legal remedies, deemed necessary or appropriate to enforce the CIW Exam Retake Policy.
Q. Is the 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam right for me?
A. The CIW Internetworking Professional exam prepares you for various job roles such as network engineers, network architects, internetworking engineers, LAN/WAN administrators, systems administrators, systems managers, and intranet administrators. If you would like to know more about CIW Internetworking Professional test 1D0-460, visit the CIW Internetworking Professional 1D0-460 exam. The prerequisite for the 1D0-460 test is the CIW Associate (1D0-510) and CIW Server Administrator (1D0-450) exams.
Q. What can I expect in the 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam?
A. This test consists of multiple-choice questions. There are no case study type questions and the test is not adaptive. You will be required to attempt approximately 60 questions in 75 minutes. To pass, you have to achieve a minimum score of 75%.
Download 1D0-460 practice test and get over 15 demo questions with study notes absolutely free.
Q. What skills are measured in the 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam?
A. A CIW Internetworking Professional defines network architecture, identifies infrastructure components, and monitors and analyzes network performance. This individual is responsible for the design and management of enterprise TCP/IP networks. Skills measured in the 1D0-460 exam include but are not limited to the following:
- Internet infrastructure, including the National Science Foundation network (NSFnet), the Internet Society (ISOC), and key internetworking protocols
- Open Systems Interconnection reference model (OSI/RM) and the Internet architecture model, the operational essentials of TCP/IP, and the Requests for Comments (RFCs) that define these essential elements
- Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) addressing, the concept of uniqueness, IP address classes, and subnet address calculation
- Network access layer, the Internet layer, and the transport layer
- Application-layer Internet protocols, such as Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Domain Name System (DNS), including its architecture and record types
- BOOTstrap Protocol (BOOTP), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server and client
- Routing, including direct versus indirect routing, static versus dynamic routing, and interior versus exterior protocols and gateways
- Troubleshooting tools and TCP/IP network troubleshooting
- Network management architectures, protocols and components, including SNMP
- IPv4 versus IPv6
- IPv6 address architecture
- IPv6 routing and security issues
- Migration from IPv4 to IPv6, including the mechanisms proposed by the Simple Internet Transition
- Mobile IP
Q. How can I prepare for the 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam?
A. We have designed the 1D0-460 preparation kit to help you get certified effortlessly. CIW Internetworking Professional exam PrepKit contains everything you need to pass the exam in the first attempt. The PrepKit includes:
- Practice questions with full explanations
- Chapter by Chapter study guide
- Interactive quizzes
- Articles and How tos.
- Flash Card
Now you don’t need to spend your time and money searching for study materials, books, etc. This CIW Internetworking Professional exam preparation kit contains everything you need to get certified. Just follow the instructions; focus on the study material and getting certified will be easy.
1D0-460 Download free trial PrepKit now.
We trust our PrepKits so much that all our PrepKits are backed with a full money back guarantee in case you do not pass the CIW Internetworking Professional exam.
Q. Where can I take the test?
A. You can take the exam at Prometric, Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide.
Q. How do I register for the 1D0-460 CIW Internetworking Professional exam?
A. Contact Prometric, or Pearson VUE, to register and schedule exams at your convenience.