Will 2010 bring an economic recovery? No one knows for sure. The job market continues to be tight, but economists and government leaders say there are some bright prospects on the horizon that make the new year look promising. Based on industry news and uCertify’s independent market analysis, here are the top 10 certifications we recommend for 2010.
1. Network+ Certification 2007/2009: CompTIA’s Network+ certification is intended to certify networking technicians with knowledge in the networking domain. It has consistently been a high-in-demand certification in the networking sector.
Targeted job roles: Network Administrator, System Administrator or Network Technician
For more information on this exam please visit Network+ Certification 2007/2009
2. Security+ Certification: CompTIA’s Security+ certification is one of the most popular exams focusing on information security. Security continues to be an important concern in the IT industry. The significance of this sector grows day by day. There is no specific pre-requisite for CompTIA’s Security+ certification, although CompTIA recommends you have at least two years of experience in network support or administration. It is currently the hottest certification provided by CompTIA in the security domain. It is very likely to continue being a sought after certification for those who wishto build their career in security management.
Targeted job roles: Network Administrator, Security Specialist or Network Technician
For more information on this exam please visit Security+ Certification
3. MCTS Windows 7: Windows 7, Configuration certification is the latest certification on Windows 7 technology. This certification is likely to be in great demand, as Windows 7 is adopted more widely. It has been designed for professionals who have a thorough knowledge in installing, managing and configuring Windows 7 including new features such as security, network, and applications. We predict it will be in high demand for those who wants to build their career in Windows 7 and related technologies.
Targeted job roles: System Administrators, Network Administrators, or Technical Support Specialists
For more information on this exam please visit Windows 7, Configuration Certification
4. Adobe Certified Expert on Photoshop: Adobe’s ACE Photoshop CS is an entry-level certification for Adobe Photoshop and related technology. A big advantage of this exam is that you have to take only one exam i.e 9A0-094 (Photoshop CS4) to achieve this certification. It has been designed for professionals who have a good understanding and knowledge in administering Adobe’s Photoshop. It is an excellent choice for those wanting to build a career in web and graphic design industry using Photoshop.
Targeted job roles: Graphic designers, Web designers, System integrators, and Web Developers
For more information on this exam please visit Adobe PhotoShop CS4 Certification
5. OCA DBA 11g Certification: Oracle’s OCA DBA 11g is an entry-level certification specifically designed to certify foundation skills required for database administration or application development. It has been designed for professionals who have a good knowledge in administering database concept using Oracle. The certification is ideal for junior team members working/planning to work with database administrators or application developers. It is perfect for those wishing to embark on a career administering and managing Oracle databases.
Targeted job roles: Database Administrator, Database Analyst, and Database Developer
For more information on this exam please visit OCA DBA 11g Certification
6. MCPD Certification: Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) credential is for those candidates who want enhance their skills and ability using Microsoft Visual Studio and the Microsoft .NET Framework to excel in a specific domain. It is the most popular and in demand Microsoft certification in recent years.
Targeted job roles: Windows developers,Web developers, Enterprise developers etc.
For more information on this exam please visit MCPD Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
7. Zend PHP 5 Certification:Zend PHP5 is an entry-level certification specifically designed to certify foundation skills required for web development and programming. It has been designed for professionals who have a good knowledge in using PHP. In the current era PHP is more widely and openly used web technology. By earning a certification on Zend PHP it proves that you have expertise on using PHP language.
Targeted job roles:Web Designer, Web developer, Web Site Manager etc.
For more information on this exam please visit Zend PHP 5 Certification
8. SCJP 5/6 certification: Sun’s SCJP 5.0 certification is the most valuable certification in Java development products and technologies today This certification validates your ability to design applications using Java 2 SE 5.0 technology.
Targeted job roles: Web Developer, Web Programmer, Software Developer and Application Programmer
For more information on this exam please visit SCJP 5/6 certification
9. MCITP Microsoft Windows Server certification: The Microsoft Certified IT Professional Server Administrator (MCITP: Server Administrator) credential is the leading certification for Windows Server 2008. It provides recognized, objective validation of your ability to perform critical, current IT job roles by using Microsoft technologies to their best advantage. Those who want to enhance their skills in server administration must attain this credential.
Targeted job roles: Server administrator, Server manager, Network administrator and related roles.
For more information on this exam please visit MCITP Microsoft Windows Server certification
10. PMI-PMP certification: PMI’s PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is one of the most popular certifications today. This is the hottest certification in the management field. By achieving this certification, you will add more value to your management skills.The PMP credential recognizes demonstrated knowledge and skill in leading and directing project teams and in delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget, and resources.
Targeted job roles: Project Manager, Team Leader, Team administrator
For more information on this exam please visit PMI-PMP Certification
DOD (Department of Defense Directive 8570.1): The U.S. army members are required to obtain a commercial information security credential accredited by ANSI or equivalent authorized body by the end of year 2010 for maintaining their jobs. The main focus of this Directive is to inculcate the knowledge and skills for preventing attacks against DoD information, information systems, and information infrastructures. It is the hottest certification for all the military service members having privileged access to its DOD(Department of defense) information systems.
All U.S army members are required to achieve this certification.
For more information on this exam please visit DOD Directive 8570.1