Q: What are the prerequisites for taking the exam 70-320?
A: Before taking the exam, you should have at least one year of experience in developing middle-tier components. You should also have a working knowledge of Microsoft C# .NET.
Q: What credit does it provide?
A: After passing the exam, you will achieve the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) status. You will also be eligible for the Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) for Microsoft .NET, the Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) for Microsoft .NET, and the Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 certifications.
Q: Which certification does it cover?
A: The exam is a core requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) for Microsoft .NET certification. It is also a core exam for the Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) for Microsoft .NET certification if you have a working knowledge of Microsoft C# .NET language. It is an elective exam for the Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 certification.
The Microsoft exam 70-291 measures an individual’s ability to implement, manage, and maintain a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure. Before taking the 70-291 exam, you should practice the following:
- Configure TCP/IP addressing on a server.
- Manage DHCP clients and leases, DHCP Relay Agent, DHCP databases, DHCP scope options, reservations and reserved clients.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA) and incorrect TCP/IP configuration.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to DHCP authorization and verify DHCP reservation configuration.
Nearly fifty eight objectives have been specified for 1z0-052 (Oracle Database 11g: Administration I) test. To appear for this certification test a candidate must posses a sound knowledge about the architecture of Oracle. One must also know Oracle’s architectural components and database structure before taking the test. One should also be capable of managing storage structures within a database in order to keep the database up to date. Practicing the following things can help a candidate clearly understand these points and pass the test confidently:
- Know Oracle product family.
- Explain Relational structures.
- Understand the SQL language.
- Describe the single-instance architecture.
- Explain the memory structures.
- Describe the process structures.
- Identify the tools for administering an Oracle database.
- Plan an Oracle database installation.
- Install the Oracle software by using Oracle.
The Microsoft test 70-447 measures your ability to design the infrastructure of database servers and databases, and to optimize, manage, and administer SQL Server databases. It covers a range of database technologies. You must understand the ways of planning to install database servers and databases, and know about the cost of hardware and software resources to develop the infrastructure. You should also consider the security of the database servers and usage of SQL Server services and objects. It requires you to have a good knowledge of the SQL Server objects and troubleshooting issues related to SQL Server. Before taking the 70-447 test, you should practice the following:
- Use capacity planning to plan the infrastructure.
- Know the hardware and the software resources to be used.
- Know the installation of the default and named instances.
- Analyze the security requirements on the basis of server-level, database-level, and schema-level.
- Know the procedures for creating databases and database objects.
- Know the strategy for creating high-availability for a business.
- Know replication and its types.
- Know about database mirroring.
- Know about log shipping.
The certification test for Oracle 11g Database SQL Fundamental (1Z0-051) requires a profound knowledge of developing a database. Oracle certifications are considered to be the hottest credentials in the database world. To clear the exam of 1Z0-051, you must be well versed with the objectives specified for the test. Practicing especially in the following areas will definitely help raise your level of confidence:
- Use the SELECT statement along with its various functions.
- Use conversion functions.
- Create schema objects.
- Use the GROUP function with all its possible clauses.
- Use SQL and iSQL*Plus statements.
The technology community identifies CompTIA Network+ as the perfect entry into a networking career. Top technology companies recognize CompTIA Network+ as part of their certification track. Many other corporations recommend or require the CompTIA Network+ certification for their IT employees. The CompTIA test N10-004 Network+ 2009 is intended to certify networking technicians that have at least nine months of experience in network support or administration or adequate academic training, along with a CompTIA A+ certification; however, this is not the pre-requisite. Attaining Network+ certification indicates that you know how to configure and install a TCP/IP client on the network. The CompTIA test N10-004 covers a range of networking technologies. Before taking the N10-004 test, you should practice the following:
- Identify networking media and connectors.
- Identify and work on different networking components.
- Create a network of two computers.
- Know various ports.
- Install a TCP/IP protocol suite.
For IT professionals who want to remain current on their certifications, CompTIA provides the following options for CompTIA Security+ certified professionals who have previously attained their CompTIA Security+ certification. Those individuals may choose to become certified under the CompTIA Security+ 2008 exam objectives in one of two ways:
- Take the new exam, CompTIA Security+ 2008 Edition (SY0-201).
- Take the CompTIA Security+ bridge exam (BR0-001), which measures only the differences between the 2002 exam objectives and the 2008 exam objectives.
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. This test consists of multiple-choice questions. There are no case study type questions and the test is not adaptive. You will be required to attempt approximately 50 questions.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. Candidates are required to attempt all questions in 90 minutes.
- Create and manage variables.
- Test the scope of variables.
- Use decision-making with the help of the if and switch statements.
- Use different kinds of loops (for, while, and do-while).
- Create and invoke functions.
- Use comments.
The CIW test 1D0-470 is designed to certify users who have prior experience using the Internet on a personal computer running the Microsoft Windows or UNIX/Linux operating systems. The CIW test 1D0-470 covers implementing security policy, identifying security threats, and developing countermeasures using firewall systems and attack-recognition technologies. Before taking the 1D0-470 test, you should practice the following:
- Implement network perimeter security and elements of an effective security policy.
- Implement encryption, including the three main encryption methods used in internetworking.
- Implement firewalls on the network.
- Firewall system planning including levels of protection.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the CIW Security Professional (1D0-470) exam?
A. There is no prerequisite for the CIW Security Professional (1D0-470) exam. However, it is recommended that candidates take the CIW Foundations (1D0-510) exam prior to taking the CIW Security Professional exam.
Q. What are the objectives of the exam?
A. Visit the following link to view the objectives of the 1D0-470 exam: Objectives
Q. What is the exam fee?
A. The exam fee for 1D0-470 is approximately US$125. The fee is to be paid at the time of registration through credit card, check, or voucher. After the payment has been made, a candidate can schedule his exam date and time.