Managing and Maintaining Physical and Logical Devices
- In order to convert a hard disk from a basic disk to a dynamic disk, you can use Disk Management or DISKPART.EXE tool.
- The data disk’s status is Unreadable on the file server. In order to enable users to access data stored on the file server, you will have to rescan the disk. For dynamic disks, the Unreadable status usually results from corruption or I/O errors on part of the disk, rather than the failure of the entire disk.
- Microsoft Windows 2003 offers two types of disk storage configurations: basic disk and dynamic disk.
- In order to increase the space for storing users’ data, you will have to use the Disk Management tool to extend the users’ data volume by using the unallocated space of a disk. Administrators can extend simple or extended volumes that are not system or boot volumes as long as there is available disk space. Administrators can extend a simple or spanned volume on a dynamic disk if it does not have a file system or if it is formatted using the NTFS file system.
- Gateway is a network interconnectivity device that translates different communication protocols and is used to connect dissimilar network technologies.
- The non-Plug-and-Play device can be installed only with the Add New Hardware Wizard.
To analyze the capabilities of the simulation software, you can download a demo version and evaluate the PrepKit free of cost. Click the link below:
70-290 â€“ MCSE Windows Server 2003 Environment
Download link: https://www.ucertify.com/exams/Microsoft/70-290.html