Media and Topologies
- Centralized computing is an environment in which a mainframe computer provides data storage and computational abilities.
- Bus topology uses a 10Base2 cable.
- Bus topology is the easiest to implement.
- Bus and Ring are zero fault tolerant topologies.
- Full-mesh topology is the most fault tolerant topology.
- Mesh topology is a type of physical network design where all devices in a network are connected to each other with many redundant connections.
- In star topology, when a single connection to one of the network hosts fails, the failed connection will be down and the host will not have network connectivity.
- LEDs on a network card of a client computer indicates the sending and receiving of data.